How can I order a Knox Box?
- Order online at http://www.knoxbox.com/store/Knox-Box-3200-Series.cfm
- Contact the Bay District Volunteer Fire Department
- Ask them for an Authorization/Order Form
- Complete all of the information requested on the form
- Obtain an authorized signature from the fire department
- Send your order with payment to the Knox Company
The goal of the Bay District Volunteer Fire Department is to provide the best and most up-to-date service to the people in our fire protection area. In contrast, maintaining keys to alarmed buildings/residences has become unmanageable and is causing delays when responding to emergencies.
In order to access buildings quickly, minimize forced entry damage, and protect firefighters from injury, the Bay District Volunteer Fire Department has adopted the Knox-Box Rapid Entry System.
Here are a few reasons why. You will benefit our Law Enforcement agencies and also our local Emergency Services in a number of ways. The first would be when an alarm is activated (fire / water flow / burglary) goes off at a time when no one is occupying the establishment. Time is critical to resolve whatever the issue is. Allowing Law Enforcement and or Emergency Services to respond and gain entry instead of waiting for a key holder who may not be local to the area to arrive and may have an extended travel time to get to the location. Second, installing a KNOX box will allow items such as a master keys / access cards / alarm panel keys / elevator mechanical room keys / points of contact to be enclosed in the KNOX box. The KNOX box containing these important items will allow the rapid resolution for many different problems or situations that may arise. Third, the KNOX box is securely locked and or opened only by authorized Law Enforcement or Emergency Services Personnel only.
Currently, more than seven thousand fire departments and the communities they protect enjoy the benefits of this proven system.
Knox-Boxes are constructed of ¼" solid steel with a ½" steel door and reinforced locking mechanism. They are UL listed against physical attack and Medeco security lock is patented and UL listed for drill, pick and pull resistance.
The master key to open the Knox-Box is held ONLY by the Bay District Volunteer Fire Department. This high security key is strictly controlled and is produced ONLY by the Medeco factory under direction from an authorized fire official's signature.
Knox-Boxes are specified by the Bay District Volunteer Fire Department but are purchased directly from the Knox Company. Once installed near the entrance to your property, the department locks your master keys / access cards / alarm panel keys / elevator mechanical room keys / points of contact inside the Knox-Box so that it is available onsite for future emergencies.
If you have any further questions feel free to call the Knox Company at 800-552-5669 or you can visit the Knox website at www.knoxbox.com. Otherwise, please call our fire department at 301-737-0654 or 301-863-8790 to obtain an order form and installation instructions.
Always committed to Your Safety and the Preservation of your investments.
Bay District V.F.D.
Company 3 & 9
Ten reasons to install a Knox Box system on your home or business.
1. Eliminate needless, costly forced entry damage that may not be covered by your Insurance deductible.
2. Assure immediate building entry by firefighters without delay or waiting for building keys.
3. Protect inventory, equipment and supplies from unnecessary water damage caused by delayed
4. Satisfy local fire codes and emergency access ordinances.
5. Save time and aggravation by not having to drive to your establishment at 2:00 am for a false alarm.
6. Feel secure about emergency coverage when your building/residence is left unattended. The Fire Department holds the only key to the Knox-Box.
7. Maintain building security after a fire alarm investigation by simply re-locking the undamaged door.
8. Protect your property from thousands of dollars in damage with this one-time, low cost investment.
9. Depend on the highest lock box security available with attack resistant, UL tested reliability.
10. Over the last 35 years, Knox-Box has been the chosen solution in 7,000 communities nationwide - communities just like ours!
Participating in the Knox System is simple:
Select the appropriate Knox device in consultation with the Bay District Volunteer Fire Department and obtain an approval signature from the Fire Chief.
Complete the Authorization/Order Form and pay particular attention to the following sections: Ordered By, Ship To, and Installation Address.
Total the cost for the items ordered and attach a check made payable to Knox Company.
Mail completed form and check to:
The Knox Company
17672 Armstrong Avenue
Irvine, California 92614Knox-Box Program
Offering Peace Of Mind for the Community and Firefighters